When I was younger I seriously had all the confidence in the world. I thought I would already be in the movie industry, and winning awards! I was proud of my tall height and just myself in general. But when we start getting older there’s a lot of things we all worry about; weight, acne, makeup, clothes, height, school, grades, tests, job interviews, the future, and beauty.
Fear sucks us in and it’s hard to get out of, it’s something we all face. Someone who lacks self confidence tends to lack in achieving their dreams and believing in themselves. Towards the middle of grade 6 some of my “friends” started telling me I was gaining weight, I had to stop eating junk foods and I had to go on a diet. No one has ever told me that before and I was also just starting to experience issues like this.
I started worrying what other people thought of me and comparing myself to others. But the truth is, we are our own beautiful selves. Who cares if people think badly against us? If we’re happy then that’s all that matters. I don’t care about trying to look good every single day, trying to impress people and not acting like myself. To be honest, I have a very high energy. I’m loud, weird, crazy and talkative personality. that is just who I am. I tried to hide by being quiet and just blending in.
“You can’t blend in when you were born to stand out.” -Wonder
Be yourself!! Don’t change yourself just to impress others!
1. THINK POSITIVE! “When you can’t find the sunshine, be the sunshine.”It’s amazing how much your life can change when you think positive. It can really impact your perspective on the world.
2. Don’t compare yourself to others
3. Be close with people who make you feel good
4. Take pride in yourself
5. Bounce back from your mistakes Remember that no one is perfect. We all make mistakes in life, that’s just life.
6. Avoid “perfectionism”
7. Practice gratitude
8. Self care is key
9. Try to jump out of your comfort zone. Try the challenge “Do one thing that scares you everyday”
10 . Think about everything you’re good at
11. Set small goals and work hard to achieve them!
12. Practice practice! If it’s a test, driving, a job, everything takes practice.
13. Help people! I think when you help others, there’s no better feeling. Volunteer somewhere and get yourself involved!
“Your reputation in high school doesn’t matter once you graduate anyways so why spend 4 years trying to impress people you’ll never see again.”
School can really make our confidence go down because there’s so much going on. I found this quote on twitter and I love it so much because I think it’s so true and it’s inspiring me to go out of my comfort zone a little bit at school and not care what people think of me and not hold myself back.
Trying to gain more confidence is a battle. It’s something we all struggle with in life. Everyday I’m slowly starting to gain more confidence in myself. But we will never be perfect, no one on this planet is perfect. Try doing this, compliment people everyday! If it’s your friend, parent, sibling, or someone who you don’t even talk to who sits next to you!
When people compliment each other it’s the best feeling in the world. “hey I love your hair today, or “I love your outfit”. Just the little things like that! Why tear each other down when we can boost each other up. Sadly there may be people who do talk about you negatively and judge you but you have to ignore them, why let just that little crowd of people start to tear you down. Always keep your head held high.